A (former) TF2 Community

Preston
Topic Author
Steam: sazakaa
BattleNet: Preston#1531

Demo Nerf

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:20 am

As a demo main, that sticky nerf a few years ago makes me sick!  (just found out about it)

RAGERAGERAGERAGE

tastymonkey
Steam: tastymonkey
Origin: tastymonkey

Re: Demo Nerf

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:08 pm

I always played Pyro.
"You will all BURN"
-Tastymonkey

Lunarfox
BattleNet: Yamwhacker#1685
Discord: Yamwhacker#9285

Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:50 pm

The demo nerf was so significant that a lot of the top demos in 6s switched mains, it hurts my soul, I used to love watching sick pipe airshots and now it's all just sick rocket airshots, still sick but tainted somehow.

Kneecaps
Steam: Kneecaps
BattleNet: Kneecaps#1213

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:06 pm

For those of us out of the loop still, what was the nerf?
[[Dota 2, Overwatch, Hearthstone]]

Lunarfox

Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:36 pm

They normalized the damage from a range of a 10% variance to a 2% variance so you don't get the huge damage stickies anymore, they reduced the total radius of stickies to the size of rocket explosions, AND they also reduced the radius of stickies that are in the air by 85%  so it's way harder to fight scouts and just harder to do aoe damage in general. https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/December_22,_2014_Patch if you wanna read about it.

Kneecaps
Steam: Kneecaps
BattleNet: Kneecaps#1213

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:20 am

I never played much Demo, so I'm not sure how bad that really is. But it really doesn't sound all that bad, and they even buffed the pipe bombs slightly.
[[Dota 2, Overwatch, Hearthstone]]

tastymonkey

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:38 am

Since I never play the Demo man I never noticed those changes. I think right now I don't even have TF2 installed as I don't play it enough to even be decent with Pyro anymore.
-Tastymonkey

Lunarfox

Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:02 am

I still like to watch the tournaments on twitch, and I haven't played in a while but demo isn't bad now but it is pretty much a slower more defensive version of the soldier which I guess was kinda the idea all along but with how fast a roamer can just drop out of the sky and kill your medic demo has just kinda fallen off in terms of stickies, meleeman is still hilarious but I just can't get the same effect out of stickies as I can out of other stuff, maybe it's just me.

Starnick
Site Admin
Steam: Starnick

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:17 pm

I vaguely remember the nerf. At least my jarate wasn't nerfed (at least, until I last played)  :mrgreen:

I still watch the old meet the team videos now and then. Dem-o-man is still one of my favorites. Such a fun class in concept and in gameplay.

tastymonkey

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Starnick wrote:
I vaguely remember the nerf. At least my jarate wasn't nerfed (at least, until I last played)  :mrgreen:

I still watch the old meet the team videos now and then. Dem-o-man is still one of my favorites. Such a fun class in concept and in gameplay.

I think they all have their silliness that makes them stand out in their own way. I really like how the Pyro is just batshit insane. Meet the demo is funny as hell though.
-Tastymonkey