A (former) TF2 Community

Starnick
Site Admin
Topic Author
Steam: Starnick

Stellaris

Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:26 am

The new DLC / 1.3 patch came out :D. I know what I'm going to do this weekend...

Although I never played multiplayer, the singleplayer games just take too long to imagine having much fun in multiplayer (I feel like its kind of civilization on steroids).

Lunarfox
BattleNet: Yamwhacker#1685
Discord: Yamwhacker#9285

Re: Stellaris

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:40 pm

I keep meaning to pick that up, it looks really good. 

Starnick
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:02 am

It's come a long way since launch. A little buggy and a little repetitive with the UI and AI, but I found the game engaging and I like to command fleets. Although the missions aren't as dynamic as I had hoped (after many playthroughs at this point), it's pretty fun to explore the galaxy when you start out. It's one of the few RTS' out there that is "well written" because of the events. Not every one happens every game, but you do eventually run into them all after a few plays. I think there was supposed to be more mid-to-late game events that were incomplete, so maybe the new patch has some stuff (I know a lot of systems that needed to be reworked got an overhaul).

Starnick
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:24 am

Ah there's just something about this game that makes me love and hate it at the same time. Even with all the new stuff and reworked systems, fleet combat is just not that interesting and usually it's just the biggest fleet wins....and fleets get big. To the point where it becomes work to restock ships that go down like flies. And on top of it all, the ships just aren't fun to look at.

So I've been playing with some star wars mods, and at least having a fleet of star destroyers now is making things a little bit more interesting.