A (former) TF2 Community

Starnick
Site Admin
Topic Author
Steam: Starnick

Wanting to get the band back together

Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:59 am

Pat yourself on the back if you get the movie reference ;).

I've been thinking about putting these forums back up for a while...I really do miss the old days. I know it may sound sappy. Anyways I'll give a life update about myself.

As most of you know, I work as a Software Engineer (on CAD software) and I do a lot of graphics programming, both work and personal projects. I'll be turning 29 in less than a month. I'm currently engaged to another Software Engineer (and she totally wanted me to mention that on this forum); we've been engaged for a while now, but don't have a formal date just yet.

Lately I don't have as much time to devote to gaming, but I have been playing a fair amount of Stellaris and RimWorld if you've seen those two games on steam. Having some TF2 reunions might be fun, although I may be convinced to give overwatch a try. Most of my free time is being taken up by a game project that I'm working with a coworker of mine on. Finally got serious to start doing it after working the last few years on my graphics engine. It might still be a few more years, but I hope you all may be a part of that journey as *unpaid*  testers ;). (Note how much the unpaid part was stressed)

I was showing some screenshots of the art assets I've been working with to Saint Sebastian earlier on steam chat, so I may as well share here too:

Preston
Steam: sazakaa
BattleNet: Preston#1531

Re: Wanting to get the band back together

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:12 am

Sick!  Count me in as one of those testers!  How much does it pay again? ;)

Beau1994
Steam: Charles Brakely
Origin: BeauBlackburn
BattleNet: Beauj1994#1487
Discord: Beaujblackurn@gmail.com

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:19 am

sign me up!
TF2, Rocket League, Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, Overwatch, Battlefield and much more

Lunarfox
BattleNet: Yamwhacker#1685
Discord: Yamwhacker#9285

Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Those are some pretty sweet ships, post it up when it's testable and I'll playtest it to death.

Starnick
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:10 pm

At the moment I'm more engaged on working on the toolchain (a modelviewer + a level editor). The game so far is little more than a networked void space where you can pilot a spaceship around. If you ever see me enter a game called "SpaceWar" that's it since we don't have a steam ID for it yet, and probably wont for some time. Most of the work has been putting together the (high level) networking together, e.g. lag prediction, smooth movement. I was planning on having more substance by now (like actually having projectiles and being able to shoot each other... ;) ), but the toolchain started occupying most of my time. Everything is from scratch so development is slower, but that's more fun.

Lunarfox

Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:49 am

Starnick wrote:
At the moment I'm more engaged on working on the toolchain (a modelviewer + a level editor). The game so far is little more than a networked void space where you can pilot a spaceship around. If you ever see me enter a game called "SpaceWar" that's it since we don't have a steam ID for it yet, and probably wont for some time. Most of the work has been putting together the (high level) networking together, e.g. lag prediction, smooth movement. I was planning on having more substance by now (like actually having projectiles and being able to shoot each other... ;) ), but the toolchain started occupying most of my time. Everything is from scratch so development is slower, but that's more fun.

For some reason I want to see a stealth game in this, I don't know why...

Starnick
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:14 am

The Sponza model is a famous model used for testing, especially global illumination and lighting testing:

http://graphics.cs.williams.edu/data/meshes.xml

Lunarfox

Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Now I want like a stealth game where you break into all these locations, I know some of them are historical locals and that would make it even better. BRB playing Thief 2 and dreaming.